Friday, November 1, 2013

Hello battlestar!

What made me happy today? Hello battlestar!
About 2.5 months ago, I blogged about how I would be saying goodbye to my battlecruiser. Yesterday, the day had finally arrived! I took the battlecruiser (the Ford) for it's last drive to work. It felt kind of weird, because even though the car had it's flaws, it served me well.
But a little before 11 o'clock, I got a call from the reception. My new car had arrived! Eagerly, I dashed towards it. The first thing I noticed was that choosing a red one was a great idea! Good thing the man delivering my car took me through the basics of this car, because otherwise I would have been lost. So many buttons, thingamagicks and dudemabobs! No complaints about the service either, they delivered it right to the door of the office. And if I ever need to have maintenance or repairs done, I just have to call the garage. They'll pick it up at 10, and deliver it back at 4. Service much?
So I turned the keys to the battlecruiser over to the rental company. No teary goodbyes, but I'll always remember the battlecruiser fondly.
Time to get in to the battlestar, and put her in the parking lot. That's where I encountered a small issue. I couldn't figure out how to get the car in reverse for the life of me. After about 5 minutes of fiddling and messing with the clutch, I decided to call the garage. Turns out, you have to push the clutch down in order to get it in reverse. Boy, did I feel silly. Any way, embarrassment aside, off we were to the parking lot. Too bad it was only a 150m drive :-)
But driving home, I got to put the battlestar to the test a bit more. And let me tell you, that car is a smooth drive! She pulls up really well (one of my main complaints about the Ford). She handles the turns smoothly, and is very comfortable! The engine purrs like a little kitten :-)
The battlestar has little nooks and crannies for storing items, which is very convenient. Most certainly if you spend a lot of time in your car, like me. The trunk space is generous, I could easily fit in there. Of course, the battlecruiser had more trunk space, but I didn't need that. The pedals of the batllestar are arranged much better, the gears on the clutch are closely together, which makes for easy gear shifting. The placement of the hand brake is a bit odd, but in no way cumbersome.
I could go on and on about all the options and features, but I don't want to bore you to death ;-) Suffice it to say: I love my brand new red batllestar! I'm going to have a lot of (safe) fun driving her around! The Volvo V40 is an awesome car :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment