Sunday, October 6, 2013

Meet Hoshi!

What made me happy today? Meet Hoshi!
Today, I want to introduce Hoshi to you. Hoshi is my leopard gecko and it's love at first sight :-)
I had been thinking of getting a pet for a long time. But as I have severe allergies most 'regular' pets weren't an option for me. So I ended up looking at reptiles as pets. After a lot of research it turned out that a leopard gecko is precisely what I was looking for.
Yesterday, I went to a store nearby that specializes in reptiles and amphibians. After explaining what I was looking for, the store owner agreed with me on the leopard gecko. And he had one in the store. But before deciding to take one home, I first wanted to meet it. It was love at first sight! He took her (at least, we think it's a her, she's still quite young and it's hard to tell) out of her terrarium and held her near me. She immediately came over and started exploring my arm and hand :-) So I got her a nice, fully decorated place to live.
Hoshi's still a bit shy at the moment, but that's to be expected as she's still adapting to her surroundings. I called her Hoshi, referring to Hoshi Sato. That's a character on Star Trek: Enterprise :-) I always loved the name Hoshi, as it means 'star' in Japanese.
Time for some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment