Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Harry Potter

What made me happy today? Harry Potter!
I have always loved books. I learned to read pretty early, and loved (still love) reading. Books offered me an escape from this world. I've hinted at it before, but I'm a big Harry Potter fan. Wondering how that happened? Well, let me tell you :-)
It's the late 90s. I was a teenager at that time, having a bit of a rough time in school, as I felt like I didn't have any real friends. That got better, but that might be a story for another day. My mom had bought a book for my sister, thinking she'd like it. It was about a boy, living under the stairs at his horrible aunt and uncle's. Then he finds out he's a wizard. My sister didn't care for it at all. I had read Groosham Grange by Anthony Horowitz, and noted some similarities. So I decided to give the book a try. If you're guessing I'm talking about 'Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone' you're absolutely right. I loved it. As soon as I found out there were more books, I dragged my mother to the store to get them. The last two books I read in English, because I couldn't wait for the Dutch translation :-)
I've also mentioned before that I cry rather easily when watching or reading something emotional. I don't think I ever cried harder than when *spoiler alert* Dumbledore was killed. Or when Snape confessed his undying love for Lily ("After all this time?" "Always.") Or when Dobby dies. I could go on, but I won't. I'm also not going to elaborate on which scenes are my favorites, as there's way too many to list (McGonagall giggling like a little schoolgirl after using the 'piertotum locomotor' spell, Molly Weasley yelling 'that's my daughter you b*tch' and killing Bellatrix, Harry riding on Buckbeack for the first time, etc.).
But why is this my happy thing of the day? Because I stumbled across a few brilliant Harry Potter related posts:

- Harry's bitchy face
- What happened after the books
- Some rare illustrations
- The Harry Potter alphabet
- Harry Potter ink
- Harry Potter tumblr

Enjoy, until the very end.




All was well.







Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment