Monday, August 12, 2013

Brave books

What made me happy today? Having an awesome weekend in London!
Okay, technically, it was in Watford. But it was fun!
We (that is the BF and I) took the Eurostar on Friday. All went well, and soon I was reunited with my brain-twin! Underground we went, to take the underground! (see what I did there?) One stop later we hopped onto a train, and soon we got to our destination. Went to Tesco the next morning, huzzah for cheap, healthy cookies! We also wend book-shopping on Saturday, as both the BF and myself are avid readers. I scored a grand total of 12 books, at some really awesome low prices (yay for charity shops!)! And to top it off, we had supper at the local pub. I had the all-day breakfast :-) Yum!
That evening it was time for my brain-twin's Brave themed birthday party. As she is a dead ringer for princes Merida, we all dressed up! No pics yet, they will follow once I get them. It was a blast! I discovered cider, we played darts and pool and had loads of laughs. There was a moment in which we thought I might be secretly British, I love cider and my favorite flavour of crisps is salt & vinegar. But as I don't like queuing, and have no sentiment regarding talking about the weather it was unanimously decided I am in fact not British after all. Last call came too fast, so we relocated to my brain-twins house. Talked, laughed some more, discovered you can order booze online and watched some Black Books :-) I went to bed around 2, happy but totally tired.
Sunday, we woke up around noon. Had some breakfast, I dyed my brain-twin's hair, talked a lot more, went back to Tesco (jam-filled donuts for 65p? No wonder there's an obesity problem) and bought some food. Back home pancakes and jam-filled donuts were served for afternoon tea, after which we went for a walk, and sat in a park. A perfect way to end a perfect weekend!
Today we came home, which was totally uneventful. So now I'm off to bed, to have fun-filled dreams :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment