Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oops, I did it again!

What made me happy today? Oops, I did it again.
About half a year ago I made this post about passing my theoretical driver's exam on the first try. Two months later, I finished the necessary lessons and got to drive around on my own.
So 4 months and almost 5000 km later, the time had come to take the practical exam. Man oh man, I was nervous...
Good thing the exam was scheduled in the morning, it's not too hot at that time. Off to the driving school, to pick up the supervisor. We went and practiced the turning and parking maneuvers. Turning wasn't a problem. But I just couldn't get the darn car parked. That did not help with my nerves.
Then we headed to the exam center. Handed over the papers, paid for the exam, and took a seat while trying to get my nerves under control (and failing at that). After a few minutes the examiner came over to me. Time to get started. I'll spare you the details, but I was sweating all through the exam. I got to the exam center and thought I had failed miserably.
Even more so when he said that he wanted to go over the exam with me. He started summing up what I did wrong, and after the second one I was convinced I'd failed and have to come back. But I had only two mistakes and then he told me I passed! On the first try! I stammered 'Really?' and he nodded. My face must have been priceless. Right hand clasped over my mouth, left hand against left cheek, red face and tears in my eyes because I was so relieved. I could have hugged him. It felt as if a ton of bricks just fell off my shoulders.
According to the supervisor from the driving school it really showed that I drove so much. And that really helped. I was worried I failed because I couldn't get the car turned in three moves, but I drive a large car (Ford C-max grand) and had to execute the turn in a small street. They take the size of the car into account.
I am so happy! I passed on the first try! So bye bye learner's permit and hello real driver's license! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment