Friday, May 10, 2013

Amoras 2047

<b>What made me happy today? </b>Amoras 2047!
A while ago I came across a mysterious image on my Facebook newsfeed. Upon closer investigation I found out that this was the site for the new 'Suske and Wiske' comic, or 'Spike and Suzy' as they're called in English.
Bits and pieces of information came, along with some intriguing YouTube clips.
I grew up with Suske and Wiske, so I was very exited to find out there'd be a grown-up version coming soon.
And yesterday the moment finally arrived, Amoras 2047 hit the stores. Today I went and got my paper copy (it's also available for iPod and iPad) and almost immediately started reading it.
Wow. Suske and Wiske grew up. A lot. For those of you expecting the same old comics you grew up with: nope. It's nothing like the old ones. Yes, the characters are all there, but that's it. The tone is much grittier, there's violence and curse-words. The drawing style is completely different.
The downside of comics like this is that there's so few pages. A fast reader, like me, finishes this one in no time.
But I love this new style, and the comic! Too bad the damn thing ends with a major cliffhanger. Now I have to wait for the next part... And there'll be a total of 6 comics in this series. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment