Saturday, February 9, 2013

Vroom vroom

What made me happy today? I had my first practical driving lesson!
Today, I went to the driving school to make an appointment for my first lesson. Much to my surprise they had a spot open in the early afternoon. Well, why wait? So I decided to go ahead and take it. I was there anyway. Oh boy, was I nervous...
But it went well! I had a great instructor who explained everything wery well. He gave me good tips and clearly told me what to do when. Best part was how he relieved my anxiety. I admitted that I was very nervous about learning to drive. His response? He said 'well, I can control the car from my side, so if anything goes wrong I can intervene. If it still goes wrong, you get to beat me up, because that means I didn't see it either'. Made me laugh so hard.
As it turns out, they usually do two or three lessons on the practice terrain (in this case the industrial park in Haasrode) before they take you out on the road. But at the end of the lesson he instructed me to make a left at the next crossing, and then go right. Which meant going out on the road. That's right. He thought I did a good job, so he put me on the road and made me drive home. My palms were very sweaty, but I made it without an accident! Yay!
Learning to drive might be going better than expected. Who knew? Well, I can't wait for my next lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment