Monday, February 4, 2013

Small steps

What made me happy today? Small steps.
Rome wasn't built in one day. Change does not come overnight and it can be very scary. But sometimes it's necessary to change.
I'm not talking about global changes or political changes here. Nope, I'm talking about changes on a personal level. Like kicking a bad habit to the curb, or trying to change something you feel is holding you back. I found that the best way to go about changing such a thing for me is taking it one day at a time, with small steps.
Of course, I'm not denying that there will be times when you have to bite the bullet, roll the hard six and just change something drastically. This mostly goes for when situations are causing you harm or put you in danger; in any way possible.
The best example I can give you is this blog :-) The previous two years were sad and hard. And I got the feeling that I started focussing on the negative, bad and sad things in this world too much. So I decided to change that, by focussing on one thing that makes me happy each day. I have to say, it's working.
I'm a girl that can feel as if she's carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. But over the past few months, and for a big part thanks to this blog, I've realised that I'm not helping anyone with that. Besides, it's only making me feel worse. And it's not helping anyone either.
The way I view the world and life is not the only thing I want to change about myself, but I'm not going to go into that right now. Once I manage those changes, you can be sure I'll make a blog post about it.
As you can see, I'm trying to change my outlook on life, one day at a time, with small steps. If you like it, you can stick around for my journey and see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment