Friday, January 25, 2013

Sleepphones

What made me happy today? Sleepphones!
What are sleepphones? Well, basically it's a fleece headband with two flat speakers in it. It's made for use during sleep. You can hook it up to your pc, tablet, phone or MP3 player and listen to music or anything you like when in bed.
I did a blog a while ago about my issues with sleep, and potential solutions. You can read that one here: http://project365-oneyearofhappy.blogspot.be/2013/01/brain-experiment.html
During my experiment, I noticed that regular in-ear headphones are no good for me. They work if you sleep on your back. But if you tend to sleep on your side, like I do, or toss and turn a lot, like I do as well, they're not comfortable or staying put. So I turned to the internet again and came across this website: http://www.sleepphones.com/
The idea is so simple! Just put small, flat speakers in a headband and viola. Problem solved. It totally seemed to be the thing for me, so I decided to order a pair. Order was placed on Jan. 17th, shipped on Jan 18th and delivered on Jan 23rd. And that even though their website says that international shipping takes between one and four weeks! Major bonus points there. The package was a small envelop with bubble wrap on the inside.
The sleepphones I got are black (big surprise there). They smell like lavender and are super soft. The cord looked a bit funny to me at first, but as it turns out it's made from fabric for extra comfort. So I decided to try them out that same night. They're amazingly comfortable and as a bonus during these cold days, keep my ears nice and warm! At first, I was a bit worried about sleeping with a cord that close to my neck, but it exits the sleepphones from the back (or the front, depending on how you wear them). I had no problems with it so far.
I got a code for some free music with my order, so I decided to give it a try. They have some other songs on their website too, which anyone can download. I put the songs on my MP3 player, hooked it up to the headphones and went to bed.
The last two nights have been the nights I slept best in several months. Last night I even managed to get 7 straight hours of sleep. That's rare for me. I am very happy.
Conclusion: I love the sleepphones! If you suffer from insomnia, a noisy neighbourhood, or a partner that snores, these might be a good solution for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment